8.20.2008

Puma Petulance

I do have something in common with the PUMA PAC. In case you don’t know, these are the old bats who are still trying to get Hillary Clinton nominated for president, (PUMA is an acronym for Party Unity My Ass- thanks Jack Cafferty) Don't know if he made it up or not..but it works for my purposes.

What I have in common, besides gender and age, with these overwhelmingly white middle aged women is anger, extreme anger. I am absolutely livid at them and their unrelenting determination to hand this election to the republicans. I’m not rich like them. I’m not protected by a brow beaten master of the universe or a captain of industry who shields me from the harshness of the real world so that I can dabble at life. I can’t afford another four years of GOP mismanagement.

It’s not like Hillary is the first woman to run for president or would even be the first woman to have her name placed in nomination for president. The late congresswoman Shirley Chisolm was the second, back in 1972. Hillary would be the third. Chisolm, for all of you historically challenged individuals was a black woman who demonstrated a decided knack for working across the aisle, usually in a color blind fashion. She was also the first black woman elected to Congress and she served seven terms. Hillary’s not quite that experienced, yet.

Placing Clinton's name in nomination is not like we’re making new history, here. And, it’s not as if placing her name in nomination is going to get her nominated in 2012, either. The one lesson that seems to be coming out of this election season is that Hillary is not electable, now or ever.

Her vote to go to war in Iraq...her assumption that she would be the nominee, in the first place and Bill’s arrogance in trying to force it down the throats of the rest of us has pretty much killed Hill’s chances. Maybe Chelsea will have a chance in about 20 years. But Hillary’s quest is pretty much DOA.

What really knotted my drawers is that these babes are planning a candlelight march and vigil on August 25th in Denver, during the democratic convention, to dampen Obama’s party and to show their slavish support for Hillary. They’ve co opted Maya Angelou’s poem RISE as their theme. I guess because Maya is a Hillary supporter.

The announcement on their website is expecting millions of people to support them in Denver as well as around the country with simultaneous, mirror commemorations/celebrations. Well, I don’t know if that’s going to happen, because it seems to me that if there were really that many people supporting Hillary then her campaign debt would be retired by now. Especially since she’s been sending emails for weeks now, asking for a dollar to five dollar donations...Some of them...the last one I got, in fact...was from Bill asking me to send in five dollars.

Face it....Hillary blew it. She mismanaged her campaign....her money...and her husband...He was definitely not an asset. I enjoyed the Clintons’ time in the White House, and for a time I wanted them back. But not after the racially tainted campaign they’ve just run...their refusal to fully support the nominee...or their half assed attempts to aid in the unification of the democratic party. If they really cared about this country...there would be no roll call on Hillary.

That would send a clear message to the puma-ites to get real and over it...or to go ahead and renew their memberships in the republican party....where these selfishly self centered women are obviously more comfortable.

No comments: