4.27.2011

Obama's Birth Certificate- Another WOOSAH Moment

I know why he did it. I completely understand the ramifications behind Obama's release of his birth certificate, but it doesn't make me feel any better about the situation.

Since 2008, we have had every white man from a fucking fake plumber to a fake ass paper billiionaire demand to see the President's "papers." As if THEY have the right of approval over all of us at any time THEY choose to ask for it.

It's been that way since 1619 in this country. It changes, but barely.

I haven't felt like this since the day after Martin Luther King was killed and I had to go to class at the high school that me and three others integrated, to hear one of my classmates stand up and say she didn't understand what all the fuss was about, because King was nothing more than a troublemaker...her word!

Before that, I had a 10 year white girl call me a nigger in Pogue's department store. She looked homeless..my clothing was hand made by my professional seamstress grandmother, who was standing next to me in designer attire.

After that, I was talking to some friends at work, casual conversation until some young hillybilly fool from Lebanon injected the word "colored" into the conversation. The others waited for me to explode on his ass, but I have long shied away from being the angry black woman that every white person suspects we all are. I walked away, again.

I chilled again on my birthday when a pale female friend of mine said "come here and kiss me with your big nigger lips!" This from a friend....I didn't kiss...and we are no longer friends.

I was angered on those days and I am angry now. Having spent a lifetime in white neighborhoods, attending white colleges, inside white corporate America, holding my tongue for as long as I could because I was always, always outnumbered and cognizant of my surroundings and the need to survive, and my mother didn't raise no fool.

No matter how high we rise...no matter how much we accomplish...no matter how much money we bank...we are still no better than an illiterate road-kill eating trailer trash white boy from  the Okefenokee swamp.

To be sure, there are good white people out there. I am friends or at least before this note, used to be friends with some of them. But generally, I wouldn't give two lead nickels for the lot of em. If every white person disappeared today, and that includes members of my own family, I wouldn't miss em. Not today.

People who continually vote against their own welfare solely on the basis of race or because some rich white guy has convinced them they can one day be like him, when the deck is as stacked against them as it is me, deserve to suffer what they get.

Colored is the race on my birth certificate.

I am American born and I  happen to be Black, Female, Lefthanded and lesbian.

Today is not a good day to come knocking on my door with some bull shit because there is a reason why I don't have guns in my house.

This is one of those days....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This. Yes.

This is how I feel.

Yes.

Enough with the shyte. Enough with the veiled and unveiled racism.

And enough of telling me to play nice with assholes. Enough.