5.10.2010

Lose One, Gain One

"My identity is very clear to me now. I am a black woman. I'm free. I no longer have to be a credit.' I don't have to be a symbol to anybody; I don't have to be a first to anybody. I don't have to be an imitation of a white woman that Hollywood sort of hoped I'd become. I'm me, and I'm like nobody else."- Lena Horne, 1988

The first Diva has passed....Rest in Peace Ms. Lena




-0-

Today Obama gives us Elana Kagen for the United States Supreme Court. The current Solicitor General of the United States is immensely qualified despite never having been a judge. She was a clerk for Justice Thurgood Marshall, and is former dean of Harvard Law School.

Make no mistake about it Republicans will find something with which to try and smear her. That will come soon enough. Right now, I will simply say congratulations to Ms. Kagen.

No comments: