1.01.2010

New Year, New Laws on Ohio Health Care

 With the new year comes new law from the Ohio legislature. Folks with pre existing health conditions will catch something of a break this year if they try to buy health insurance coverage.  A new law caps the rates that insurance companies can charge during their open enrollment period to persons with pre existing conditions or chronic illnesses. According to lawmakers more than 52,000 Ohioans will benefit from this change.

And, something for parents, coming in July parents will be able to buy insurance for their kids, as long as they are under the age of 28 from their employer. Old law capped this benefit at age 22.

Even if you still can't get insurance, you will be able to price shop hospitals online. A website has been created to compare prices and procedures and will have 100 different ways to measure the comparison to determine if you really are getting the better deal.  Hospital infection and death rates will also be listed.

Bear in mind this will only be for state hospitals, not privately owned hospitals. But it is a step in the right direction.

1 comment:

Lawrence said...

Hello Sir/Madam,

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I was very much impressed with your blog. Great post, we are easy to understand. I like this post, it is very interesting and informative.

I would be interested in exchanging links with you. If we exchange links you can get healthy traffic from us and our visitors can get relative and useful information form your site.


I have placed your link in my favorite Blogs and web sites at http://nappilesbyan.blogspot.com/

I would like to request link at http://skeptikone.blogspot.com/

Our Blog information

Title: News Updates

URL: http://nappilesbyan.blogspot.com/

My Email Id: info.currentupdates@gmail.com


Hope you would add my link. Let me know once you added my link.


Thank you very much for your time and web support. Best of luck to you!


Cheer,
Lawrence Davidson