5.22.2006

Natalie Maines for President

I think Natalie Maines should run for president. Three years after trashing Dubya, she stands by her words. For those of you who don't follow Country and Western music, Natalie is one of the Dixie Chicks and a couple of years ago she told a London audience, "we're ashamed the President of the United States is from Texas."

Well country music fans and other red coated, pseudo Christian conservatives were outraged. C&W radio stopped playing Dixie Chick music and all conservative talk show hosts from Rush Limbaugh to that Savage guy (what's his name?), demanded they be tarred and feathered. Programmers at said country stations think that Natalie should apologize. And apologize she did, and I quote; "I apologized for disrespecting the office of the President. But I don't feel that way anymore. I don't feel he is owed any respect whatsoever."   Go girl. Furthermore her band mates are standing right beside her and I'm proud of all of them.

I think everyone who agrees with Ms. Maines should run out and buy the latest Dixie Chick CD to offset the ongoing boycott of their music. The latest CD is called appropriately enough, "Taking the Long Way." The first release is entitled "Not Ready to Make Nice."
I'm not either, ready to make nice.....Texas...you've got a village missing an idiot, please, please call him home.......

No comments: