11.05.2008

President Barack Hussein Obama

SING!

Lift every voice and sing
Till earth and heaven ring,
Ring with the harmonies of Liberty ;
Let our rejoicing rise
High as the listening skies,
Let it resound loud as the rolling sea.
Sing a song full of the faith that the dark past has taught us,
Sing a song full of the hope that t he present has brought us,
Facing the rising sun of our new day begun
Let us march on till victory is won.


Now that it’s here.....I’m all cried out. I’ve worn my emotions on my sleeve, crying at the drop of a hat at almost every word that has sprung from the mouth of Obama, since his speech on race, back on march 18th....

Tonight...I’m numb. Happy...smiling on the inside....but no tears...not tonight....I’m supposed to be going to a party...but I can’t move...I’ve lost my words....I’ve lost control of my god given abilities to paint word pictures of my surroundings.....

No tears..I look at the pictures coming out of my television...it looks like New Years...People have filled the streets....rejoicing....

WE’VE GOT A BLACK MAN IN THE WHITE HOUSE...I want to shout....I want to hear gunfire as if it is New Years.....I want Rossi fireworks shooting off the bridges over the Ohio river....

And then I glance at my TV and see reporter Steve Osunsami, another american with a funny name, start crying, as he tried to explain what he was feeling...he choked up on camera...and then I lost it....


Do I believe.....yes, yes, yes.....

America.... sometimes it is the worst of times....tonight...it is the best of times...

My home...

1 comment:

ThatDeborahGirl said...

My Lord! What a mornin'
My Lord! What a mornin'
YES!
My Lord! What a mornin'
When the stars begin to fall

You will hear the trumpet sound
To wake the nations underground
And you will hear the sinner cry
When the stars begin to fall!