9.14.2009

Serena Apologizes

Serena Williams Statement, September 14, 2009

“I want to amend my press statement of yesterday, and want to make it clear as possible - I want to sincerely apologize FIRST to the lines woman, Kim Clijsters, the USTA and mostly tennis fans everywhere for my inappropriate outburst. I'm a woman of great pride, faith and integrity, and I admit when I'm wrong. I need to make it clear to all young people that I handled myself inappropriately and it's not the way to act -- win or lose, good call or bad call in any sport, in any manner.

I like to lead by example. We all learn from experiences both good and bad, I will learn and grow from this, and be a better person as a result.”

--Apology accepted

by the by....The sisters won the doubles finals today defeating the defending champs and number one ranked women's doubles team in the world...

The Williams took three out of four gram slam doubles trophies this year..losing only the French...

They already own the career slam..and are two of only three active players who can make that claim...

Go Williams..

No comments: