6.26.2009

Friday Rap

Don’t know why...But the one song playing in my head is Dirty Diana...



I was already grown when the Jackson Five came to prominence, so I’ve been privileged to have witnessed his entire career, from the jump...

There are certain songs....I’ll Be There....Rock with You......Bad....The Way You Make Feel....Thriller...PYT...Remember the Time...Human Nature....

-0-
Farrah’s death was expected. Her struggle for survival, so untypically public....I remember her movie work...The Burning Bed....

But there was one movie...can’t remember the name...taken from a book by Vincent Bugliosi...where she played a mother who shot to death her three kids....Amazing performance...
-0-

Wimbledon

It's in the first week.....the Williams sisters are playing...well...like Williams sisters...Serena is already through to the round of 16....Venus is playing like the defending champion she is..

Looks like a collision in the final...All Williams, all the time...
-0-

From the sublime to the ridiculous...

South Carolina Governor....Mark Sanford....I’m not gonna waste any sentiment on this poor pathetic fool....Another case of white male privilege run amok...again...
-0-

Going Naked-Going Green

Some nudist group is recommending that everyone start taking nude vacations as a way of reducing our carbon footprints and thereby saving the earth...

I’m on board with that...

The worst thing about having my sister and her kids move in with me, a few years ago was having to give up walking around the house in the nude....I sleep that way and had to remember to cover up out of respect for my family members..

Nothing like feeling the wind all over your body, unblocked....
-0-

Healthy Ice Cream

My ice cream can be a lot of things....

It can be loaded with fat....It can be loaded with sugar....It can be loaded with nuts and chocolate and come drowning in caramel....It can be surrounded by fruit in a boat...it can be piled high on a cone, melting so fast that I have to lick the back of my hand to get it all in my mouth...

But....Healthy or light....as in ice cream with green tea or granola or wheat grass..... with half the calories....give me a break......you keep that S***...

Some things you just take as they are.....

Bad for you.... But

heart stoppingly good....and worth every mouthful....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jo!
The FF movie with the murdered children is Small Sacrifices. It was a really good movie and book.