2.26.2007

Can You Feel A Brand New Day

Or is it that we really are at the end of days as some religious folk would have us believe. Because if Jesus ascended in both body and spirit to heaven 40 days after resurrection, then whose bones has James Cameron unearthed outside Jerusalem?

Film maker James Cameron, you know the one who made Titanic and my personal favorite, The Terminator, says he along with some others have found the bones of Jesus, his mother Mary, Mary Magdalene and their son.

What’s he trying to do, remake The Da Vinci Code as a documentary? If the discovery proves to have any credence at all then what about the Bible and Christianity itself? Is the Bible really a work of fiction? Is Christianity an extremist cult that simply got out of hand? Should we still all be practicing paganism and worshiping the earth?

We will have to wait for the great reveal.

**************

Al Sharpton and Strom Thurmond cousins...man that makes my day. Put another nail in that coffin filled with present day white denial about what went on during slavery and after.

Present day white denial is based in “I can’t be held responsible for what my ancestors may have done....besides you can’t prove it anyway........”

Well.....”WAY!”....Apparently it can be proven.........there’s an old saying about the “sins of the father being visited upon the son...........you can run, but you can’t hide.

I can just hear the cries for reparations, seeing that there are precedents for paying such here in America.

As for me, you can keep the mule....But I will take my forty acres.

***************

Congress is set to try and put the genie back into the bottle. The Auguste body will try to revoke Dubya’s permission to go to war that they gave him a few years back.

And while they’re at it, there is a measure to repeal “don’t ask, don’t tell.” Seems the army needs more bodies for the surge. This measure has bipartisan support, supposedly.

Darth Cheney has been traveling the world stroking our allies into believing that we’re winning in Iraq and Afghanistan and should stay the course. Darth desperately needs a vacation. Go ahead, Scottie, push the button and beam him up, please.

****************

The Oscars............man! Was that the worst show in years. The last time it was so boring I stopped watching the broadcast for 20 years. The only reason I tuned in last night was to see if Jennifer Hudson could pull off the trifecta. She did.

I can’t stand Ellen De Generis. I don’t think she’s funny. I don’t like her show. Her fidgeting drives me absolutely nuts.

For me, she is a female Jerry Seinfeld. He is like Woody Allen. I don’t find them funny or even remotely amusing, just boring.

I just don’t see it. Except for that shadow dance troop, the show was an absolute waste of time.

1 comment:

Darius T. Williams said...

Yeah okay...so, the Oscars was kinda boring...that's why I have DVR! But, you've gotta admit - Jennifer Hudson & Beyonce ripped it to pieces!