2.04.2008

Signs of the Apocalypse

Well, I guess I won’t be traveling to Mississippi anytime soon. Seems some well intentioned politician has authored a bill making it illegal to serve fat people in restaurants. And since my once well-toned runner’s butt long ago slid toward middle aged couch potato spread, I would assume that I have just lost my right to be served in Mississippi eating establishments.

I can't remember the last time I saw an ad that said "travel Mississippi." Does this fool think that laws like this will increase tourism?

*****

Another political genius...this one in West Virginia wants to teach guns and how to shoot guns, in public schools. Apparently the demand for hunting licenses is down, and the nut job behind this proposed law figures that the way to increase demand is to teach ten year olds how to handle weapons during gym class.

The pol does have safety in mind. The kids would only handle guns that were disabled. Isn't this the same state that wants concealed carry for college students?

******

Hillary said Sunday she might be willing to garnish the wages of those who refuse to buy health care coverage. Speaking to ABC news, Clinton said that garnishment was just one of several methods that she would possibly use to reach universal health care for America. She said garnishment would be applied only to workers who could afford health care but refused to buy it.

That should go over like a lead balloon...Can you say President Obama..

******
Maria Shriver endorsed Obama on Sunday..On Friday, her husband, the governor of California, endorsed McCain. Wouldn’t you just love to be a fly on the wall when these two talk politics?

******

Fears of recession have driven oil prices down to below 90-dollars a barrel...so why is gasoline still upwards of three dollars a gallon in my state?

******

Dubya has proposed a 3-trillion dollar budget to fund the status quo...gee, I didn’t know he could count that high...

3 comments:

Darius T. Williams said...

Is that law in MS really true? It probably has something to do w/the reason Oprah was there - apparently it's the fattest state in the nation - 1 out of 3 people...hmmm

Jo Moore said...

It's on the drawing table..I don't think there are really enough stupid people to get it passed..but we've just gone thru 8 years of stuff, that I didn't think could happen either..

ThatDeborahGirl said...

Damn, once upon a time, I did a story about a store owner denying a 16 year old girl the right to buy condoms.

I asked the question, 'What if I wanted to buy a honey bun but the store owner thought I was too fat to buy anything but fruit or juice?'

Guess I won't be going to my alma mater's class reunion. I may not be able to eat.