8.06.2007

George Orwell Bush

Sunday, while the rest of us were engaged in Sunday summer activities, Dubya was signing new legislation further curtailing our rights to privacy as spelled out by the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

Under this latest assault on American freedom, Bush has given the go ahead for the National Security Agency to eavesdrop on our phone conversations without getting a warrant. This latest attack by the prez is an attempt to legalize the nebulous spy program that is supposedly aimed at terrorists.

What the law does is allow government agents to listen in on all international phone calls without a warrant. For example, if I live in Cincinnati and decided to call my niece in Qatar, our government could listen in to our conversations on the bogus assumption that my niece may be a terrorist. They don’t have to prove the allegation or show evidence up front. All they have to do is tap the channel and listen in.

The new law gives oversight power to the Attorney General and the director of National Intelligence.

Hmmmmmmmmmm...I wonder if this is also an attempt to make Gonzo more relevant.

2 comments:

Darius T. Williams said...

Gonzo...Orwell - that's hilarious! Yea, I still don't know how I feel about them listening in on the presumed assumption of terrorism - but, I guess cuz I'm not calling overseas it's not really tearing me apart.

Gledwood said...

Bush's best friend the now out-gone TONY BLAIR did more to narrow down our civil liberties over here than ANY more right wing and supposedly "authoritarian" party or government has ever achieved .. which is truly frightening... if someone with bad intentions got in and manipulated what Blair has already put in place we would lose ALL our freedoms here in Britain supposedly the home of FREEDOM OF SPEECH

hmmm...

Hey you've been in my links for ages and I've not been by .. sorry about that life has been chaos. How's things?
Come have a look at my new Blog:=
Animal Crackers at
http://gledwoodpets.blogspot.com
it is really entertaining!

All the very best 2u

from

Gledwood
"vol 2" ..